Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Wizard of Oz

I was watching the Wizard of Oz today, and I started wondering about a few things like where does that red brick road go? Perhaps that was covered in Wicked, but I did not read or see it. However, there are other things I was wondering about:
  • Do you think the Lollipop Guild is the Teamsters of the Munchin world? They look like they have broken a few legs in their day. Why else do they carry such large lollipops if not for mob style enforcement? Like, buy some confections and maybe we'll only rough you up a little!
  • What happens if someone pops Glinda's bubble? Does she just fall out of it, or does she end up on the island with the rest of Oceanic 815? That was a joke. Everyone knows you have to take your hot air balloon to the island (stupid Henry Gale).
  • How long was the tin man standing in the woods? My guess is approximately 14 years.
  • Why would the Wicked Witch of the West want to stuff a mattress with the scarecrow? Whatever happened to the Sleep Number Bed or a good ol' box spring?
  • Is it just me or do lions, tigers, and bears live in different parts of the world? My money would be on finding a bear in the woods. My girlfriend and I were recently on a hike in the woods and wondered what we should do if we saw a mountain lion. This movie has shown us the answer! You just slap them across the face. Maybe that only works on lions native to Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, found in woods with apple trees.
  • Where did the Wicked Witch of the West come by a Palantir? There are only 7 or something like that. Seems like a pretty good find. Do you think she frequents the same bars as Aragorn and won it in a game of chance? Maybe she drugged him with all of her opium, which would explain why he never talks about it, because who knows what else she took!
  • Where did the Wicked Witch study to learn her flying broom penmanship? If I were her, I would get a refund. The Wizard did much better in choosing Acme's Amazing Academy of Alliteration.
  • When is the scarecrow planning on using that pistol? Maybe the next time he runs into the Lollipop Guild?
  • Why don't I say impoceros more often?
Perhaps someone can shed some light on these mysteries. One thing is not a mystery. It should be clear that you cannot trust carnies. Circus folk. Nomads really.

1 comment:

  1. The tin man does say that "about a year ago" he was chopping on the tree. So my guess would be that he has been there about a year.

    LOL! The lion would like to be like the Hip Hop Opottamus. His lyrics are bottomless.

    ReplyDelete